Date:      Thu, 10 Jul 2003 09:41:13 +1000
From:      "Jennifer" <jennifer@tevn.com>
To:        <doc@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   install Oracle

Dear FreeBSD people

In your handbook on site of FreeBSD.org, it introduced installing =
Oracle8. But now Oracle9i is coming out, and more and more people using =
Oracle9i. Can our FreeBSD handbook update the installing Oracle chapter =
from introducing Oracle8 to Oracle9i.

I have a Oracle9i software at hand, and would like to learn how to use =
it. I was wondering whether I should install it on Linux (maybe Debian) =
or FreeBSD. Be frankly, I like FreeBSD, and would like to stick to it, =
not transferring to Linux. But I hope there will be more resource for =
supporting using Oracle on FreeBSD. Otherwise, when people start to use =
Oracle, they have to reluctantly transfer from FreeBSD to Linux(which is =
official support from Oracle).

Best regards,
Jennifer