Date:      Sat, 20 Jun 1998 21:07:42 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>
To:        darrylo@sr.hp.com
Cc:        ken@plutotech.com, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Rolling CAM in, what is still needed?

Darryl Okahata wrote...
> "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com> wrote:
>
> > 	- How many more programs use this (scsireq) interface?
>
>      Does /sbin/scsi work (or has it been ported)?  If so, great.  I've
> got some perl scripts that fdisk/disklabel/newfs arbitrary disks, and
> they rely upon scsi(8).

	Well, scsi(8) has not been ported, it has been replaced by
camcontrol.  camcontrol should be able to do everything that scsi(8) did,
and more.

	The version of camcontrol in the current snapshot (May 20th)
doesn't have mode page or arbitrary cdb support, but the version in the next
snapshot will.  The code is already done, and there's just one more bug I
need to work out.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry