Date:      Thu, 14 Sep 2006 12:53:04 -0400
From:      Gerard Seibert <gerard@seibercom.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BSDStats project, interesting returns from OpenBSD

--nextPart7453669.FhbaNmp3RO

On Thursday 14 September 2006 12:09, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> One should not conclude anything until the numbers are much larger
> than they are now, because small fluctuations from e.g. regional
> promotion of bsdstats in one country but not another, or one large
> company deploying it on all machine, will dramatically change your
> "conclusions".

I was just wondering if there is any consensus on adding BSDStats to the=20
base system? If would appear to be a logical step to take so as to insure=20
that all users of FBSD would be counted. An end user could always disable=20
the sending of data by disabling it in the /etc/rc.file. I feel that unless=
=20
it is part of the base system and turned on by default, too many users will=
=20
never take part in the reporting process.

Also, there does not appear to be a 'man' page for BSDStats. Is that=20
correct? Perhaps there should be one.

Just my 2=A2.

=2D-=20
Gerard Seibert