Date:      Thu, 14 Jan 1999 22:55:18 +0800
From:      "En-der Li" <enderli@endermay.ite.nknu.edu.tw>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   I can't ftp to my site !

After I upgrade my FreeBSD site from 2.2.7 to 2.2.8,
all of old accounts on my site can't ftp login.
(Just can telnet login and pop3 login)
But new accounts can ftp login.

The FTP LOIGIN FAILED messages are:

    220- Welcome to Ender_May FreeBSD SERVER !
    220-
    220- !! If you have your personal ID, please use it to login.  !!
    220 endermay.ite.nknu.edu.tw FTP server (Version 6.00) ready.
    Name (localhost:enderli):
    530 User enderli access denied.
    ftp: Login failed.
    Remote system type is UNIX.
    Using binary mode to transfer files.
    ftp>

And my /etc/ftpusers is

    # list of users disallowed any ftp access.
    # read by ftpd(8).
    root
    toor
    daemon