Date:      Wed, 5 Jul 2000 16:02:31 -0500
From:      "Jonathan Fosburgh" <fosburgh@flash.net>
To:        "BWS - Offwhite" <brennan@offwhite.net>, "Kenneth Wayne Culver" <culverk@wam.umd.edu>
Cc:        "Gabriel Ambuehl" <gabriel_ambuehl@buz.ch>, "Christoph Sold" <so@server.i-clue.de>, "Lysenko Alexey Victorovich" <rainbow@inter-trade.dn.ua>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Re[4]: I need Your advice

<snip>
> Does anyone know a cluster manages this?  I have not had a good reason to
> run a cluster yet and have not done it yet, but wonder if a cluster could
> allow a node to reboot without disrupting the cluster.  And what if the
> master node needed to reboot and get upgraded?  What is the prefered
> method here?
<snip>
If my understanding is correct (I have done little work with this and have
attended no classes) HA for AIX does this. You bring down one system and it
failsover to the other. You then apply all upgrades to the OS and HA
software and when you are ready to apply it, you bring that system back up
and failover to it. redbooks.ibm.com has a lot of their documentation for
HA, you might look there for more info.