Date:      29 Jul 99 22:20:14 -0500
From:      Ray Grieselhuber <grieselhuber.2@osu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Installing FreeBSD over linux

I currently have Slackware and Windows 98 dually installed on my notebook. I want to
install Free BSD instead of Slackware, but I had a few questions.
1) I have Linux installed on the first partition, and then Windows after that, because when I
installed Windows on the first partition, it took over the whole hard drive, and wouldn't
recognize Linux (go figure...) I read in the documentation however, that FreeBSD should be
installed on the second partition after a small Microsoft partition, and then the rest of the
extended partitions can be for Microsoft also. Is the way I have my disk configured going to
be a problem?
2) I have LILO installed, and I was thinking about using Booteasy to establish the  same
function, so I wouldn't have to boot from a floppy when I wanted to boot FreeBSD. Will this
get in the way when I try to install FreeBSD? Moreover, will I have to uninstall Linux before I
install FreeBSD?
I would appreciate your insight. Thanks.
Ray Grieselhuber
grieselhuber.2@osu.edu