Date:      Mon, 11 Dec 1995 21:47:15 -0600 (CST)
From:      Neal Rigney <neal@jennifer.pernet.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Slow boot

OK, I've read the mailing list and newsgroup archives, and have seen this
question asked, but never answered:

We just recently installed NIS client functions on one of our machines at
kernel level 2.1.0.  Now, when it boots, it pauses for as long as 5
minutes when adding routes(loopback and default gateway).  If I take nis
out of sysconfig, it doesn't pause.  Is this just something really stupid
that I'm overlooking?  Any help is appreciated.

--
Neal Rigney sysadmin, PERnet Communications, (409)729-4638
neal@mail.pernet.net