Date:      Tue, 11 Feb 2003 10:23:20 +1000 (EST)
From:      jason andrade <jason@rtfmconsult.com>
To:        David Dawes <dawes@XFree86.Org>
Cc:        freebsd-hubs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvsup?.au renumbering

On Mon, 10 Feb 2003, David Dawes wrote:

> >We (some of the cvsup mirror maintainers) wondered if this was discussed
> >anywhere? No one recalls seing an email but perhaps we all just missed it.
> >I don't think anyone minds changing numbers but because of network
> >topology and the cost of different links I think a few ppl are a bit
> >miffed at seemingly getting no notice. Looks like a few new servers have
> >been added which is good.

i'll take the blame for this.

i sent a mail to every listed contact for cvsup?.au.  in the case of cvsup.au
itself i tried mailing a number of different ways and never managed to get
any reply (including from the domain contacts) in about a month.

i asked david to make the change as part of a cleanup of the namespace (so
please don't blame him) and figured i would get people yelling at someone (me :-)
once it happened and i could then collect contact details.

i'm happy to relinquish cvsup.au to whoever wants it - it just seemed to
make sense to host it where ftp.au and www.au are currently running.

> >Looks like the new cvsup mirror is single homed to Optus.

it's directly homed to optus but it also has an alternate path to
pacific internet.

> >Anyone heard anything about it?
>
> I did it at Jason Andrade's request, and I thought he had been discussed it
> with the various cvsup*.au mainatiners.

I discussed it with a couple of people - Jarrod Sayers and someone else (have
to dig through the mailbox) who didn't have issues..  The rest of the contacts
were either non existent/not running servers anymore or i was not able to
get responses out of.

regards,

-jason