Date:      Thu, 25 May 2000 15:45:33 -0400
From:      Nathan Vidican <webmaster@wmptl.com>
To:        Friedrich Oslage <f_oslage@hotmail.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: downloading freeBSD

Friedrich Oslage wrote:

> Can you sned me the exact link for downloading because on the FTP-Server
> ther are so much file and I don't know wich to downlod...
>
> So please write back...

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/<whatever release you
want>/bin/*.*
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/<whatever release you
want>/floppies/kern.flp
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/<whatever release you
want>/floppies/mfsroot.flp
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/<whatever release you
want>/<any other dists you want>

If you've got a decent connection to the internet, you might just want
to download kern.flp/mfsroot.flp, use the fdimage, or the rawwrite
utility to copy them to floppy disks, boot said floppies, and let the
installation program pick all the files you need as it installs them,
(Install over FTP).

--
Nathan Vidican
webmaster@wmptl.com