Date:      Mon, 22 Dec 2014 16:39:21 +0100
From:      "christopher@ira-kunststoffe.de" <christopher@ira-kunststoffe.de>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   rewrite of rmlint; port needs an update

Hello,

Im the author of rmlint, a tool to remove several types of waste from
your filesystem.
It is especially good for finding duplicate files and directories.

I (and a co-developer) rewrote rmlint (version now is 2.0.0) and merged
it into the master
branch a few days ago. The new version has many improvements concerning
speed and accuracy (and also somewhat better code quality :).

I briefly tested it on a friend's FreeBSD box and it compiles and runs
just fine - although some optimizations were disabled.

The biggest difference concerning compilation: It uses scons now.
Also a note: the master branch is considered to be stable, all dangerous
action happens in the develop branch now. Proper releases will be made
too after gathering a small amount of patches.

You can find the documentation here: http://rmlint.rtfd.org
Code can be found in the usual place: https://github.com/sahib/rmlint
I wrote a little bit more about the changes here:

The last package was done by Jesse Smith (jessefrgsmith@yahoo.ca), but
he
told me would like to give it to someone else due to time constraints.

So... anyone up for it? :)

Regards,
Christopher