Date:      Wed, 5 Jan 2000 23:37:45 -0600
From:      Ade Lovett <ade@lovett.com>
To:        Adam <bsdx@looksharp.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Strange UDP messages

On Thu, Jan 06, 2000 at 12:30:02AM -0500, Adam wrote:

> Any other ideas? I dont use procmail :) perhaps a compile time flag to one
> of sendmail's buddies or a config option somewhere..

I was just making it hard for you :)

Somewhere in your sendmail config will be a reference to mail.local
as a local delivery agent.  Per the mail.local(8) manual page,
you need the '-b' flag to turn off the notify to biff (aka comsat).

However, having given up on sendmail many, many years ago after seeing one
too many $#:<>@ sequences, I would not presume to give the exact
magic runes to accomplish this.

-aDe

--