Date:      Thu, 24 Dec 2009 14:09:42 -0800
From:      Weongyo Jeong <weongyo.jeong@gmail.com>
To:        Steven Friedrich <freebsd@insightbb.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: uath under FreeBSD 8.0-STABLE

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 05:54:25PM -0500, Steven Friedrich wrote:
> On Tuesday 22 December 2009 02:31:04 pm Weongyo Jeong wrote:
> > On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 04:03:31PM -0500, Steven Friedrich wrote:
> > > Ok, I am able to load firmware with:
> > > uathload -d /dev/ugen4.3
> > > but it also appears to do so when I plug it in...
> > >
> > > Now what? It doesn't show up in ifconfig...
> >
> > Could you please show me dmesg output and the output of
> >
> > 	# usbconfig dump_device_desc
> This message appears on the console when the device is plugged in:
> ugen4.3: < Atheros Communications Inc > at usbus4
>
> usbconfig -u 4 -a 3 dump_info
> ugen4.3: <WG111T Atheros Communications Inc> at usbus4, cfg=0 md=HOST spd=HIGH
> (480Mbps) pwr=ON
>
> The device doesn't show up in ifconfig, so the example from the man page:
>    ifconfig wlan create wlandev uath0
>
> doesn't work because uath0 isn't found by ifconfig.
> ifconfig wlan0 create wlandev uath0
> ifconfig: SIOCIFCREATE2: Device not configured
>
> I filed a PR against usb, probably should have made it net. Sorry.

OK.  It looks weird idProduct didn't be decreased 1 after loading the
firmware.

And what I'd like to see is the *full* result of the following steps:

  1. plugs in your USB device.
  2. run commands as follows:

     # kldload if_uath
     # dmesg | tail
     # uathload -v -d /dev/ugen4.3
     # dmesg | tail

In a theory, after loading the firmware normally the device which at the
moment idProduct is 0x4251 is detached and reseted then it should be
reattached with idProduct(0x4250).

regards,
Weongyo Jeong