Date:      Tue, 5 Jun 2001 20:43:23 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bill Schoolcraft <bill@wiliweld.com>
To:        Mark Hughes <mark@dvdnews.co.uk>
Cc:        Bill Schoolcraft <bill@linuxcare.com>, Flemming Froekjaer <flemming@froekjaer.org>, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Laptop without Windows (revised)

At Tue, 5 Jun 2001 it looks like Mark Hughes composed:

MH-->> > I was looking at buying a Dell Inspiron 8000, but there was no option to
MH-->> > buy it without a windows os.
MH-->>
MH-->> http://www.dell.com/us/en/dhs/topics/linux_products_latitude.htm
MH-->>
MH-->> http://www.dell.com/us/en/dhs/topics/linux_products_inspiron.htm
MH-->
MH-->
MH-->Hmm - if you actually click on the "buy" link though it still lists Windows in the stuff
MH-->that comes installed....I think this page is just saying that it is compatible.
MH-->

..... hmmm, I'll have to check into that for I'm the guy doing
support for those two models when Dell sells them with Linux. I
just had a customer today say she couldn't find the link to buy
one.  Thanks for the  heads_up.

--
Bill Schoolcraft
PO Box 210076                 -o)