Date:      Tue, 13 May 1997 11:15:47 +0200 (MEST)
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>
To:        freebsd-current@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   weirdo NFS (?) ld problem ?

I upgraded our NIS/YP NFS cluster of FreeBSD machines to 3.0-current
recently (to have real world test conditions :).

One machine acts as NIS and NFS server. When one of my 'power' users is
compiling and linking a big physics program on the nfs client
(The executable is 8.5 MB in size) and he's starting it for the first time
he gets a Bus error. Starting it a second time he gets
the normal behaviour like printing the startup screen of the program.

When he does the same thing on the server the program behaves fine.

The client is a PPRO/200. The server is a P5/150. The directories the
program sources,objects and binaries reside in are in a mounted
/home tree. So I'm suspecting a NFS/VM/cache problem.

This is a 3.0-current of May 4.