Date:      Fri, 08 Sep 2000 22:20:47 -0500
From:      Stephen Hocking <shocking@houston.rr.com>
To:        "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@kdm.org>, jolan <jolan@enteract.com>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Gravis Ultrasound PnP

> I'm seeing this now, with a PnP CS423x, but only when the AGP device is enabled. It happens all the time.

Following up  I just went and bought one of those el-cheapo Yamaha YMF724 PCI sound cards. It works fine (when I don't have the PCM channel overdriving the onboard amp!). I see a common thread with the stuff that's playing up - they all seem to be ISA cards. Is it possible that DMA under ISA is messed up for sound?

	Stephen
--
  The views expressed above are not those of PGS Tensor.

    "We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce
     the Complete Works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know
     this is not true."            Robert Wilensky, University of California