Date:      Tue, 9 Nov 2004 21:55:53 +0100
From:      Huw Wynn-Jones <huwwynnjones@neuf.fr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Tom Connolly <tomc@cqg.com>
Subject:   Re: Wheel mouse question

On Tuesday 09 November 2004 19:28, Tom Connolly wrote:
> Hello List.
> This is a total newbie question but I have been unable to make my wheel
> mouse work.
> I want to be able to scroll my browser (Opera) pages and my emacs editor
> and such.
> I have the following in my xorg.conf file:
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>   Identifier  "Mouse0"
>   Driver      "mouse"
>   Option      "Device" "/dev/sysmouse"
>   Option      "Protocol" "auto"
>   Option      "Buttons" "7"
>   Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5 6 7"
> EndSection

here is what i have in mine, copied from someone else's answer to the same
question:

Section "InputDevice"
 Identifier  "Mouse0"
 Driver      "mouse"
 Option     "Protocol" "auto"
 Option     "Device" "/dev/sysmouse"
 Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
        Option      "Buttons" "6"
EndSection

almost the same but...try it you never know.

> And in /etc/rc.conf I have added moused_flags="-z 4"
>
> I am running ImWheel but have not added anything special to the config
> file.
>
> Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong or what else I need to
> do?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Thomas

i don't have anything special mouse related in rc.conf. try commenting out the
moused_flags bit.

don't know what ImWheel is so i guess its not really needed.

my mouse works wheely well!

(sorry, dodgy joke)

Huw