Date:      Sun, 6 Apr 1997 00:18:38 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Joachim Kuebart <joki@kuebart.stuttgart.netsurf.de>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Netscape Navigator 3.01 without named

Has anybody else noticed the problem that Netscape Navigator 3.01 wants to
get DNS data before querying a host? My local setup works with a /etc/hosts file
and /etc/host.conf is:

	hosts
	bind

I am unable to get Netscape connect to the local httpd even if I enter its IP address,
Netscape keeps complaining about not finding the hosts DNS entry (although it is located
in the /etc/hosts file). Do I have to start named (and live with the overhead) to get
it working properly?

c u Jo