Date:      Sun, 16 Feb 2003 19:11:49 +0000
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.org>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        "Andrey A. Chernov" <ache@nagual.pp.ru>, Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
Subject:   Re: OPIE breakage: backout & patch for review

"David O'Brien" writes:
> > With a suitable "HEADS UP!" and appropriate changes to the documentation,
> > might is be possible to move _all_ policy control into PAM, instead of
> > having it split between OPIE and PAM?
>
> Nope.  What about opieized, but not pamized applications?
> OPIE needs to act on FreeBSD like it does on every other Unix platform.
> It really does seem like DES is chaning existing practice.

Changing existing practice is what I'm asking about. If there is a
particular policy on a FreeBSD box, then OPIE should really be falling
in with that, no?

In the case where an application is OPIEised and not PAMised, we
need to figure out something; PAMizing such apps is not terribly
hard. If any of them are in the base system, then this situation
is a bug in its own right. If they are ports, they need to fall in
with FreeBSD/sysadmin policy.

Mark Murray
iumop ap!sdn w,I idlaH