Date:      Sat, 8 Jun 1996 18:18:22 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@GndRsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        mark@linus.demon.co.uk (Mark Valentine)
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org, kmc@gnd.com
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD hardware in the UK

> Someone asked a little while ago about where to get hardware in the UK
> which will run FreeBSD well.  I recently bought a couple of systems from
> GND, ASUStek's UK distributor, and have been quite impressed with the
> quality of the systems and their friendly service.  Their prices are
> also very competitive (prices are on-line at http://www.gnd.com/).

Thanks for the tip, I've saved that off and know have a place to send
the folks who come looking to me for parts/systems from the UK.

> I put my own SMC EtherPower cards in these, but GND will sell you a (cheaper)
> ASUS card also based on the same DEC chipset supported by the `de' driver (I
> don't have any information on whether these just work, though).

I am really replying to make a correction here, the ASUS PCI-L101-TB ethernet
card is based on an AMD Am79C970 chip and absolutely will not run with the
``de'' driver.  It may, however, work with the ``lnc'' driver.