Date:      Tue, 27 Feb 2001 03:32:56 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Setting memory allocators for library functions.

Peter Seebach wrote:

> It's odd that I see lots of people arguing for segfaults killing the process
> accessing memory that has been "successfully" allocated, but no one arguing
> for the process getting killed when it exceeds a disk quota.

Disk quote is an artificial limit. If you remind each and every other
time this discussion came up, you *can* set artificial memory limits,
and that won't cause applications to be killed. But, of course, this
particular solution you do not accept.

Anyway, these are two very different situations, and comparing them is
silly.

If you want non-overcommit, code it and send the patches.

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	Acabou o hipismo-arte. Mas a desculpa brasileira mais ouvida em Sydney
e' que nao tem mais cavalo bobo por ai'.