Date:      Mon, 12 Aug 1996 08:36:17 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "Thomas S. Traylor" <tst@titan.cs.mci.com>
To:        Victor Feoktistov <feoktist@fly.triniti.troitsk.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Terminal server

On Mon, 12 Aug 1996, Victor Feoktistov wrote:

> I have terminal server DECserver 200/MC.
> How i can load it from FreeBSD, or connect
> to FreeBSD system ?

There is MOP software available for NetBSD.  It should compile under
FreeBSD.  Here is where you can find it.

ftp://ftp.stacken.kth.se:/pub/OS/NetBSD/mopd/mopd-2.4.1.tar.gz

The author is Mats O Jansson <maja@celsiustech.se>.

I haven't yet tried it, but you should be able to load the DECserver with
it. That is, if you have the DECserver 250 image PR0801ENG.SYS.  This
image can be found on VAX/VMS boxes in the SYS$COMMON:[DECSERVER] or the
MOM$LOAD directories.

If this all works, you will not be able to access the FreeBSD box
through the terminal server because there is no support for LAT in
FreeBSD.  This is the protocol that the DECserver uses.

--
Thomas Traylor
Thomas.Traylor@mci.com