Date:      Tue, 16 Jun 1998 14:41:49 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Gratton <mike@vee.net>
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Enlightenment (was:Re: A contest about to start...)

On 16-Jun-98 Wes Peters wrote:
> Michael Gratton wrote:
>
>> So Enlightenment dosen't like 2.2.6? I compiled and ran it fine, but it
chewed
>> up my processor time like nothing..
>
> No, I just had my head in my behind and didn't look on the CD-ROM
> before blathering.  Sorry.  Englightenment *is* on the list of
> 'approved' apps/window managers for the contest.
>
>> Anyone have some info about this? I'd really like to use it but the CPU usage
>> kills that idea..
>
> I can get you a K6-2/300 *and* a motherboard with 100 Mhz bus and 1Mb
> cache for $265.  That should take care of the problem.  ;^)

Nahh, it's another 16-months 'till the office's upgrade-cycle comes full turn
again. My boss wouldn't agree to it. 8)

The only thing that gets me that the same release of Enlightenment runs fine
under Linux, without the CPU problem, as a frind of mine is quick to point out.

/Mike.

* Mike Gratton - mike@vee.net
!   "I'd rather be anywhere doing anything"
$ http://www.vee.net/