Date:      31 Jan 2001 10:53:07 -0500
From:      Lowell Gilbert <lowell@world.std.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, croix2k@usa.net (chris karn)
Subject:   FreeBSD newbie documentation [was Re: question]

Please use more meaningful subject lines in the future

croix2k@usa.net (chris karn) writes:

> I went the site http://www.freebsd.org/projects/newbies.html
>
> which is filled with great info... I was hoping that this (help) was available
> in a .pdf file or sime .txt download?

That page is an index to a wide variety of other types of documentation.
Most of the ones that are maintained by the FreeBSD Documentation Project
are available in many forms, including pdf and text.  Look at each specific
document to get more information on downloading it.