Date:      Wed, 11 Aug 1999 23:16:05 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cjc@cc942873-a.ewndsr1.nj.home.com>
To:        Doug@gorean.org (Doug)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Wheelie mouse + PS/2 mouse possible?

Doug wrote,
> 	I have a PS/2 wheelie mouse (a logitech model M-C48 to be precise) and
> following the instructions in the moused man page I set this in
> rc.conf.local:
>
> moused_enable="YES"
> moused_port="/dev/psm0"
> moused_type="intellimouse"
>
> 	When I boot (or try to start moused by hand with the same settings) I get:
>
> moused: mouse type mismatch (ps/2 != intellimouse), ps/2 is assumed
>
> 	I don't see any other combinations in the man page that look like they
> will do what I want, so any suggestions would be welcome.

I used to get the same error.

Now I do not get the error. I have in my rc.conf,

moused_enable="YES"     # Run the mouse daemon.
moused_type="auto"      # See man page for rc.conf(5) for available settings.
moused_port="/dev/psm0" # Set to your mouse port.
moused_flags=""         # Any additional flags to moused.

The middle button works.

On boot I get,

psm0 at 0x60-0x64 irq 12 on motherboard
psm0: model IntelliMouse, device ID 3

If I run moused by hand,

# moused -d -f -t auto -p /dev/psm0
moused: proto params: f8 80 00 00 8 00 ff
moused: port: /dev/psm0  interface: ps/2  type: sysmouse  model: IntelliMouse

Go figure. Looks like something may be broken, but it seems to
work. BTW, this system is 2.2.8-STABLE.