Date:      Wed, 21 Feb 2001 20:21:54 +0300
From:      Odhiambo Washington <wash@iconnect.co.ke>
To:        FBSD-Q <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   TRAFD

--mP3DRpeJDSE+ciuQ

Hello
I was thinking that there is someone more sane than i am who is using trafd=
 (and it's allied utils)
to log/count all traffic sent via their gateway machine (using ppp). If the=
re is, would they mind
getting me out of the mud? These guidelines given with trafd (it has no man=
 page) just fail to=20
ring a bell....one of those moments that one admits getting defeated, flatl=
y.
I have a network of 20-something PC running M$ Windows and having FreeBSD 4=
.2-STABLE as the gateway
using ppp. I am concerned with congestions on their ppp link, to an extent =
that at times I just
cannot manage to telnet to that machine. I've in a more sensible manner res=
tricted access using
hosts.allow so I do not think the clogging is from outside but who knows? B=
ut first I want to know
how many MBs each machine sends out in 1 month and see it they add up to wh=
at I am logging at my NAS
from their ppp iface.

Someone suggsted trafd but I am barren of how to get it up....even though I=
 printed out the README.
Being a dumb guy on this one.

Thanking you out there...

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington  Inter-Connect Ltd.,
wash@iconnect.co.ke  5th Flr Furaha Plaza

Democracy encourages the majority to decide things about which the majority=
 is=20
ignorant. -John Simon=20
(contributed by Chris Johnston)=20

--mP3DRpeJDSE+ciuQ