Date:      Thu, 10 Sep 1998 13:16:42 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Calvin M Meloon <calvin@pompano.pcola.gulf.net>
To:        Gregory Sutter <gsutter@pobox.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ed

On Thu, 10 Sep 1998, Gregory Sutter wrote:

> Personally, after having to use EDLIN a bit, I stayed far far away
> from line editors, preferring fullscreen editors such as:
>
> MS-DOS EDIT (what an editor.  unmatched capabilities)
> MS Notepad (again, Microsoft comes up with a winner)
> xedit (I wonder how many were forced to use this VM/CMS monstrosity.)
> pico (Ugreat Ueditor, Ureally.)
> ee (in the spirit of EDIT, I'm sure)
> joe (wasn't really my cup of tea)
> emacs (Eighteen Megs And Crashes Steadily, someone once told me)
> elvis (vi impersonator)
> vim (the crown jewel of text editors)

For many of us from the pre-windows pc era we preferred the ...

Borland Turbo Editor

in the TurboC and TurboPascal environments. It rocked.

 / ___/__ _/ /  __(_)__  Gulf Coast Internet           Calvin M. Meloon
/ /__/ _ `/ / |/ / / _ \ Pensacola, FL               Unix Administrator
\___/\_,_/_/|___/_/_//_/ (850)438-5700                   writer of code
~~~~ calvin@gulf.net ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Proponent of FreeBSD
                             and the right of everyone to use a real OS