Date:      Fri, 13 Feb 1998 19:11:46 +1030
From:      Ian Moore <imoore@hamcoll.schools.sa.edu.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Installing from DOS partition

Hello,
I'm trying to install bsd on my machine from a dos partition. I tried to
do it using ftp but had trouble getting an ftp connection. So then I
tried ftping from Windows and downloaded  freeBSDcurrent to a directory
called c:\freebsd as per the installation instructions (I don't have the
CD to copy it from). When I try to do the install, it seems to mount the
DOS partition  (I've created the BSD partition OK) but it claims it
can't find the bin files (or any other stuff I try to install besides a
basic install). I then tried copying the contents of c:\freebsd\src\bin
to c:\freebsd\bin, but that didn't help. I assume the problem is that I
just don't have the right files in the right place but I'm not sure.
Can you help?
Thanks,
Ian Moore