Date:      Thu, 3 Aug 2000 12:44:05 -0500
From:      jmire@lsuhsc.edu (Mire, John)
To:        "FreeBSD-Questions (E-mail)" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   csh.login behavior in 4.1

been running the following in my /etc/csh.login since before 2.2.8, just
updated one of my 4.0-RELEASE boxes to 4.1-RELEASE and it don't work no more
(:, I know that tcsh is now the csh-shell from searching the archives and
saw the holy shell war on freebsd-arch could some give me the correct syntax
or can I invoke tcsh with old behavior using the -DCOMPAT compile flag?

# set the login shell prompt
if ($?prompt) then		# interactive shell
  switch ("$prompt")		# set prompt string
    case '# ':
    case '% ':
      set prompt="[$LOGNAME@`hostname -s`] \! $prompt"
  endsw
else
  exit
endif

--
John Mire                      LSU Health Sciences Center
jmire@lsuhsc.edu             Computer & Information Services