Date:      Mon, 09 Apr 2012 10:00:28 +1000
From:      Da Rock <freebsd-questions@herveybayaustralia.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD's backwards webdesign / corporate identity

On 04/09/12 07:44, RW wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Apr 2012 14:40:12 +0200
> Tony wrote:
>
>> Tony
>> http://siegelgale.com/
> The FreeBSD site isn't great, but this site is worse.
>
> Has no-one ever pointed-out the irony that the top 20% of the page
> bangs-on about simplifying, and has a "fight bloat on your website"
> link, but the other 80% is a cluttered mess.
>
> It also has a pet hate of mine: menus that make the rest of the page
> move around even when the pointer is just passing-over them. I can
> forgive the FreeBSD site all its faults for not doing that.

The FreeBSD site is accessible (as is legal required) and to the point.
That is what matters.

It provides all the information needed and communicates it exceedingly
well. FreeBSD is a no nonsense get the job done without bloat OS: the
site communicates that as well, and communication is not just about the
words.

My 2c.