Date:      Tue, 05 Mar 2002 20:16:42 +0100
From:      Alain LIEFOOGHE <alain.liefooghe@free.fr>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Packages

Hello everybody. I begin this mail in excuses for my words and my english.
What quind of fools are the people who made the iso images. Where are
the the latest kde's family packages, where is the last mozilla browzer
package, where are the most important packages to make a good server or
a good workstation which speaks english language (the computer
language). I am not racist and not "anti -programmeur" but why such a
lot of packages for the japanese, the russians, the korean, i know their
alphabets are not the european alphabet but i think people in this
countrys speaking english. Why such a lot of packages for ruby and perl
and in the end, why so obsolte packages. I think, but perhaps i am the
only one(i do not think so) the future of freebsd is in the  individuals
workstation and in three iso images you have sufficiant place for the
important packages (in my opinion). Perhaps the "iso imagers" are
"politicians" and want to please the gnome users and the programers but
in the 4.4 install image there where sufficient packages to make a basic
workstation. So why in the 4.5 there is not "apache; mozilla and kde".
In the end, i repeat, i am a fan of Freebsd,and i think it is more
simple to install and configure that the latest linux distributions and
i hope it take a major place in free operating systems, in particular in
schools, and "administrations".

I do not want to hurt any one of you with this "coup de gueule", but
remember that in france the local telecommunications are not free and
uses the ports is expensive.

see you.