Date:      Fri, 8 Jun 2007 14:25:45 +0000 (UTC)
From:      "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
To:        Diomidis Spinellis <dds@aueb.gr>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD OLPC

On Fri, 8 Jun 2007, Diomidis Spinellis wrote:

Hi,

> Is anybody working on running FreeBSD on the One Laptop Per Child platform
> <http://www.laptop.org>?  I'd be interested to try it, but I wouldn't want to
> duplicate work.  The only thing I've found with a web search are some
> pictures of an OLPC at BSDCan <bz's homepage>.  The first
> stumbling block would be booting with OLPC's OFW.

Oh that was during the last day's post-conference "social event",
lateish in a bar and thing was running out of battery and crashed two
times...

There was a talk about it
  http://www.bsdcan.org/2007/schedule/events/57.en.html
I had seen the presentation at FOSDEM and there was that
"How Open Source Projects Survive Poisonous People", so I didn't
attend.

I am not going to comment more on the Software that this thing was running
(the built-in camera was working;) but I don't think there is anything
BSD related...

Considering OFW, Sun released that under a 3 clause BSD license somewhen
last year imho.