Date:      Tue, 1 Feb 2005 19:25:48 +0100
From:      Roland Smith <rsmith@xs4all.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Mac Mason <mac@cs.hmc.edu>
Subject:   Re: Mozilla and Firefox fail to start

--kXdP64Ggrk/fb43R

On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 12:27:56PM -0500, Steven Friedrich wrote:
> On Monday 31 January 2005 11:07 pm, Mac Mason wrote:
> > "So", I say to myself, "wouldn't it be nice to have firefox?"
> >
> > So, cd to the right place, make install clean...
> >
> > and then try to run it...and it thinks for two or three seconds,
> > and hands me my prompt back.
> >
> > No core file, no browser, no error message.
> >
> > "Hm..." I think to myself. "...maybe mozilla will work."
> >
> > So, I repeat the same process.
> >
> > And mozilla won't start either; it does the very same thing.
> >
> > FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE, with the most-recent errata.
> >
> > Any ideas?

IIRC, you have to start Mozilla and firefox the first time as root.

Roland
--=20
R.F. Smith                           /"\    ASCII Ribbon Campaign
r s m i t h @ x s 4 a l l . n l      \ /    No HTML/RTF in e-mail
http://www.xs4all.nl/~rsmith/         X     No Word docs in e-mail
public key: http://www.keyserver.net / \    Respect for open standards

--kXdP64Ggrk/fb43R