Date:      Tue, 18 Jun 2002 10:27:26 -0500
From:      Peter Elsner <peter@servplex.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Couple of issues with TGIF and HylaFax

--=====================_8972016==_.ALT

Hi all,

I just installed HylaFax on our FreeBSD 4.5-STABLE machine.

Couple of small issues.

First with regards to TGIF (in particular netpbm).

1) I created a fax cover sheet/page using the TGIF program.
First problem with this is that the netpbm port that is required to
properly install TGIF is apparently not functioning.
make runs fine, but I get the following error when I try to do a make
install in /usr/ports/graphics/tgif

spxdev:root# make install
===>  Installing for tgif-4.1.41
===>   tgif-4.1.41 depends on executable: giftopnm - not found
===>    Verifying install for giftopnm in /usr/ports/graphics/netpbm
===>  Extracting for netpbm-9.24
 >> Checksum mismatch for netpbm-9.24.tgz.
Make sure the Makefile and distinfo file (/usr/ports/graphics/netpbm/distinfo)
are up to date.  If you are absolutely sure you want to override this
check, type "make NO_CHECKSUM=yes [other args]".
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/graphics/netpbm.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/graphics/netpbm.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/graphics/netpbm.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/graphics/netpbm.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/graphics/netpbm.
*** Error code 1

spxdev:root#

Commenting out the

RUN_DEPENDS=    giftopnm:${PORTSDIR}/graphics/netpbm

line in Makefile allows tgif to be installed fine, with the exception that
I can not import gif/jpg/png graphics.

2)  The HylaFax problem I have is that the to-company and regarding fields
to not appear on my cover page.

I'm calling sendfax with the following example:

sendfax -d"name@faxnumber" -x "company name" -r "subject/regarding" filename

The fax sends fine, and uses my default cover page,
but the Company:  and Re: fields are blank as if sendfax didn't pass the
variables at all.

I decided to try the default cover page (Silicon Graphics logo and all)...
And noticed that the
Company and Re: fields are blank there as well.  So it would appear that
there's a bug in HylaFax for FreeBSD.
I have tried this on a Linux box and it works fine.

Just wondering if anyone else has seen this problem and has perhaps a fix
for it?

Thanks in advance.

Peter Elsner

Peter Elsner <peter@servplex.com>
Vice President Of Customer Service (And System Administrator)
1835 S. Carrier Parkway
Grand Prairie, Texas 75051
(972) 263-2080 - Voice
(972) 263-2082 - Fax
(972) 489-4838 - Cell Phone
(425) 988-8061 - eFax

Unix IS user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are.
System Administration - It's a dirty job, but somebody said I had to do it.
If you receive something that says 'Send this to everyone you know,
pretend you don't know me.

Standard $500/message proofreading fee applies for UCE.

--=====================_8972016==_.ALT

Hi all,<br><br>
I just installed HylaFax on our FreeBSD 4.5-STABLE machine.&nbsp;
Couple of small issues.&nbsp; <br><br>
First with regards to TGIF (in particular netpbm).<br><br>
1) I created a fax cover sheet/page using the TGIF program.&nbsp; <br>
First problem with this is that the netpbm port that is required to
properly install TGIF is apparently not functioning.<br>
make runs fine, but I get the following error when I try to do a make
install in /usr/ports/graphics/tgif<br><br>
spxdev:root# make install<br>
===&gt;&nbsp; Installing for tgif-4.1.41<br>
===&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; tgif-4.1.41 depends on executable: giftopnm - not
found<br>
===&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Verifying install for giftopnm in
/usr/ports/graphics/netpbm<br>
===&gt;&nbsp; Extracting for netpbm-9.24<br>
&gt;&gt; Checksum mismatch for netpbm-9.24.tgz.<br>
Make sure the Makefile and distinfo file
(/usr/ports/graphics/netpbm/distinfo)<br>
are up to date.&nbsp; If you are absolutely sure you want to override
this<br>
check, type &quot;make NO_CHECKSUM=yes [other args]&quot;.<br>
*** Error code 1<br><br>
Stop in /usr/ports/graphics/netpbm.<br>
*** Error code 1<br><br>
Stop in /usr/ports/graphics/netpbm.<br>
*** Error code 1<br><br>
Stop in /usr/ports/graphics/netpbm.<br>
*** Error code 1<br><br>
Stop in /usr/ports/graphics/netpbm.<br>
*** Error code 1<br><br>
Stop in /usr/ports/graphics/netpbm.<br>
*** Error code 1<br><br>
spxdev:root#<br><br>
Commenting out the <br><br>
RUN_DEPENDS=&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
giftopnm:${PORTSDIR}/graphics/netpbm<br><br>
line in Makefile allows tgif to be installed fine, with the exception
that I can not import gif/jpg/png graphics.<br><br>
2)&nbsp; The HylaFax problem I have is that the to-company and regarding
fields to not appear on my cover page.<br><br>
I'm calling sendfax with the following example:<br><br>
sendfax -d&quot;name@faxnumber&quot; -x &quot;company name&quot; -r
&quot;subject/regarding&quot; filename<br><br>
The fax sends fine, and uses my default cover page, <br>
but the Company:&nbsp; and Re: fields are blank as if sendfax didn't pass
the variables at all.<br><br>
I decided to try the default cover page (Silicon Graphics logo and
all)... And noticed that the<br>
Company and Re: fields are blank there as well.&nbsp; So it would appear
that there's a bug in HylaFax for FreeBSD.<br>
I have tried this on a Linux box and it works fine.&nbsp; <br><br>
Just wondering if anyone else has seen this problem and has perhaps a fix
for it?<br><br>
Thanks in advance.<br><br>
Peter Elsner<br><br>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br>
Peter Elsner &lt;peter@servplex.com&gt;<br>
Vice President Of Customer Service (And System Administrator)<br>
1835 S. Carrier Parkway<br>
Grand Prairie, Texas 75051<br>
(972) 263-2080 - Voice<br>
(972) 263-2082 - Fax<br>
(972) 489-4838 - Cell Phone<br>
(425) 988-8061 - eFax<br><br>
Unix <b>IS</b> user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends
are.<br>
System Administration - It's a dirty job, but somebody said I had to do
it.<br>
If you receive something that says 'Send this to everyone you know,
pretend you don't know me. <br><br>
Standard $500/message proofreading fee applies for UCE. <br><br>