Date:      Thu, 3 Dec 1998 14:52:14 +0000
From:      Scott Mitchell <scott@dcs.qmw.ac.uk>
To:        Pat Lynch <lynch@rush.net>, Patrick Gardella <patrick@cre8tivegroup.com>
Cc:        Jean-Marc Beaudoin <jmb@merlin.vipxlnet.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: About X-Windows client

On Thu, Dec 03, 1998 at 09:22:59AM -0500, Pat Lynch wrote:
> HUmmingbird and the like used to do it with rsh/rlogin. -P

> Pat Lynch						lynch@rush.net
> Systems Administrator					Rush Networking

> On Thu, 3 Dec 1998, Patrick Gardella wrote:
>
> > I've not seen a script such as that.  I would think that if Microimages knew of
> > one, they would ship it with MI/X.  But others may know how to do it.  I try to
> > avoid the windows world as much as possible.  :)
> >
> > Patrick

I've used xrsh and xrlogin to do this for years now.  Of course, they won't
work on Winblows unless you happen to have sh, rsh and numerous other
things there as well.  If you can find a windows rsh client that will let
you pass environment variables across, it ought to be possible.

xrsh/xrlogin can be found at (amongst other places):

ftp://sunsite.org.uk/Mirrors/ftp.x.org/contrib/utilities/xrsh-5.8.shar.gz

HTH,

	Scott.