Date:      Wed, 4 Oct 2000 19:21:58 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        Anders Petersson NV98ETe <Anders_Petersson_NV98ETe@teknikum.vaxjo.se>, mobile@freebsd.org
Cc:        nik@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Vaio F709 resetting when suspending to memory

On Wed, Oct 04, 2000 at 04:45:09PM +0200, Anders Petersson NV98ETe wrote:
> nik@freebsd.org skriver:
> >I use Fn+Esc to invoke the suspend,
> If I'm not mistaken it's generally bad to use a hardware button to
> suspend.
> Test if using "zzz" gives better results.

Nope, same effect.

I'm writing this message immediately after the boot from the crash when
I tried to suspend.

     # dmesg | grep apm
     apm0: <APM BIOS> on motherboard
     apm0: found APM BIOS v.1.2, connected at v1.2

If I now run "zzz" or Fn+Esc, it suspends to memory with no problems.

I'll try it now.

<pause>

Yep, that worked.  The machine's been up a few minutes.  I suspect it's
related to uptime, or the load the machine's been subjected to, or similar,
but I can't see how to track it down.