Date:         Wed, 18 Jan 1995 9:46:41 +0200 (O)
From:      ROBIN@ptnsct.nis.za (Robin Hunt)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   route add problem with 2.1 release?

Hi,

I was using 2.0-RELEASE FreeBSD (and how well it works, I might add!), then
upgraded to 2.1. Since then, I can access machines on our local net but
not beyond our gateway machine, reason being

route add <address>

gives the following error:

writing to routing socket: Protocol not supported
add net default: gateway nis03: Protocol not supported

(nis03 is our gateway machine name)

Is there any reason you can fathom?

One last question, is hercules adapters supported on FreeBSD 2.n, if so
how does one enable them? I can only get mine to work on VGA!

Thanks for a great release!

robin@ptnsct.nis.za