Date:      Thu, 29 Jul 1999 23:37:52 -0400 (EDT)
From:      paz <paz@apriori.net>
To:        Andrew Johns <A_Johns@TurnAround.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: ipchains in FreeBSD

On Fri, 30 Jul 1999, Andrew Johns wrote:

: >
: > I have a FreeBSD host on the internet full-time (apriori.net) with
: > appropriate firewall daemons running, but it fails to allow
: > some traffic
: > generated by other machines (admittedly Windows-based) on my
:
: The problem is not with FreeBSD, it seems, but with your understanding
: of what is required to get the WinDoze traffic through.  Exactly what
: sort of traffic is it that is not getting through?
:
: AJ

I never implied that there was a problem with FreeBSD.

A Windoze machine on the local net is trying to run Delta Force, a game
something like Doom, which can be played over the internet with up to 31
other players. I sent email to the makers of Delta Force regarding the
failure of the game to operate in multi-player, internet mode. Here was
there reply:

(included text)