Date:      Tue, 9 May 95 11:19:05 MDT
From:      terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
To:        taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw (Brian Tao)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: vt100

> > And if you are willing to generally lose a line from your display for
> > all other uses (since a VT100/VT220 terminal, by definition, has only
> > 24 lines).
>
>     Runs just fine with 50 lines here.  I can't think of anything I
> use day-to-day that insists on 24 lines...

LSE.  EDT.  TPU.  VAXWorks.  VAX BASIC.  Any software with hard coded
ideas about what a VT100 is (since a VT100 *by definition* has 24 lines).

Like an IRC client on the other end of a serial connection that has no
method of inputting your terminal type (I knew that this was probably
the case and that a local client was probably not an option when I saw
the original poster's insistance on VT100 in combination with IRC).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@cs.weber.edu
---
or previous employers.