Date:      Sat, 5 Apr 1997 15:55:51 -0800 (PST)
From:      jadeite <jadeite@light.pomona.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   loggin mail port

Hi,
	I'm trying to keep track of people logging into port 25.  I had
syslog.conf report the following facilities:
kern.*;lpr.*;mail.*;daemon.*;auth.* but I'm still not informed of telnets
to port 25.  In fact the only clue I have is that when I do MAIL FROM: in
smtp I'm told that /etc/aliases.db is out of date (I don't have such a
file, only /etc/aliases, so this is could be an indication that I have
another problem).  So, is there something in sendmail.cf that I need to
configured so I'll know when someone telnets to port 25, or did I
configure syslog.conf wrong?