Date:      Thu, 26 Oct 2006 12:30:57 EEST
From:      <ozkan@mersin.edu.tr>
To:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Cc:        rmkml <rmkml@free.fr>
Subject:   Ynt: Re: 6.1 STABLE Strangely Hangs when VLAN enabled.

Hi,

Freebsd 61 hangs 4-5 times per day,

i didnt test via single vlan.
i have no crash dump, even makeoptions=-g configured.
kernel doesnt panic, system only hangs :(

I tried both Hyperthreading enabled/disabled.
I tried both SMP Kernel / Non-SMP Kernel.
The answer is same.

This server's job is mainly a DMZ Firewall.

Jobs:
- apache2.0 for web management
- ng_nat (nat for each vlan, 9 ng_nat configured)
- two natd daemon for port forwarding and static nat
- dhcpd
- only ipfw
- vlan logic interfaces used for ipfw rules
- ipfw tables used
- mpd for incoming vpn connections
- bge0 is connected to LAN (VLAN is on this interface)
- bge1 is connected to ATM Router directly
- em0 is connected to DMZ Switch
- em1 is disconnected

Thanks for your interests
Best Regards,