Date:      Sat, 01 Jan 2000 14:15:00 -0600
From:      "G. Adam Stanislav" <adam@whizkidtech.net>
To:        Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: I will never trust NBC news again!

At 18:50 01-01-2000 +0000, Jonathon McKitrick wrote:
>Well it seems to me even the people who *know* (though that may be a very
>small minority) that the millenium doesn't begin until 2001 would rather
>just jump on the bandwagon with everyone else because it's a lot more fun
>watching a calendar roll over to '2000' than '2001'.

I have no problem with NBC watching the 2000 rollover. It is their
reporting "news" that is factually wrong that makes me not trust what they
say.

I am not sure about the very small minority - I learned in grade school
about when centuries start and end, and it was just an ordinary grade school.

I agree watching the 2000 rollover was fun. But not because it starts a new
millenium, but, rather, because to anyone my age we are now "in the
future." When I was a school kid in the late fifties and the sixties, my
teachers had a very utopian view of the year 2000 which, to us, kids, was
way in the future.

Welcome to the future. :-)

Cheers,
Adam