Date:      Sun, 30 Jan 2000 03:30:24 -0500
From:      "Troy Settle" <troy@picus.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Why doesn't this *.pl work properly?

Well, the "script" that you attached doesn't show what's happening when the
error message is generated.

My best guess, is that you're trying to log into your atdot thingie (and
from there, your pop3 server) with a username and/or password that's not
valid on your system.

check /etc/passwd and try again

If that doesn't help, try asking on an atdot mailing list.  I'm sure they'll
be able to get you straightened out real quick.

-Troy
"But the square one doesn't fit in the round hole..."