Date:      Mon, 10 Jun 2002 17:34:08 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        chip.wiegand@simrad.com
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gui editors - mostly just griping (you've been warned) I gotta  ventsomewhere.

chip.wiegand@simrad.com wrote:

[ ... ]

> Glimmer - I adjust the preferences to my liking, but the program will not
> save them from one session to the
> next, whether I start it as user or root, doesn't matter.

[ ... Bluefish instability that can only be fixed by a rewrite ... ]

> Anyway, I just had to get this off my mind, vent a little, if you read this
> far, thanks for listening. I don't expect any
> NT environment trying to get as much
> use as I can from my FreeBSD box, or I may loose it. That'd be a drag.

Have you tries asking the Glimmer authors how to do this?  It
may already be there.

If not, I suggest making a patch for Glimmer; it may already
support a ".glimmerrc" or something like that.  If the user
preferences need to be per-document (which I doubt), then you
will have to store them inside comments in the code, with a
way to set the "magic" sequence at the start of the comment
that lets Glimmer recognize them.

It's a pretty trivial hack, worst case, I think.

-- Terry