Date:      Tue, 24 Oct 2000 18:15:56 +0200
From:      "Julian Stacey" <jhs@jhs.muc.de>
To:        Christian Weisgerber <naddy@mips.inka.de>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Anybody want to review vi patch?

I did some additions to vi long ago:
 http://bim.bsn.com/~jhs/src/bsd/fixes/FreeBSD/src/gen/contrib/nvi/
I seem to recall sending them to Keith Bostik maybe (the/an author I recall),
my patches ars still outstanding AFAIK.
(my patches signal link vi to chimera ghostscript & xfig to do a WYSIWYG
linkage between an xterm editing a source, & a graphical output viewer ).

Reference:
> From:		Christian Weisgerber <naddy@mips.inka.de>
> Date:		Sat, 21 Oct 2000 13:28:00 +0200
> Message-id:	<20001021132800.A67078@kemoauc.mips.inka.de>

Hi,
Christian Weisgerber wrote:

> --UugvWAfsgieZRqgk
>
> There's a bug in nvi 1.79.  The options "noprint", "print", and
> "octal" don't work properly.  When these options are changed, the
> routine that evaluates them is called before the option has been
> set.
>
> Do we have any people who know their way around the guts of nvi?
> I've appended a patch, partly based on a change in nvi 1.81 where
> this is fixed incompletely, and I'd like somebody to review this.

Julian
-
Julian Stacey	http://bim.bsn.com/~jhs/
Munich Unix Consultant.		Free BSD Unix with 3900 packages & sources.