Date:      Fri, 31 Oct 1997 15:36:44 -0500
From:      Paul Gregg <pdgregg@ww-interlink.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   free BSD2.2.2 install

Trying to install freeBSD2.2.2 on AMD 486 133 system with award bios.
Have atapi cdrom but using the install from dos partion option. Have two
ide hard drives Drive 0 is 233 meg drive 1 is 1 gig. I have tried
various settings in bios for 2nd drive. Setting up without partitions or
with and various settings in the partition setup in the install
procedure have pretty much same results. Unable to mount root. I would
like to set up with 1st drive as dos and 2nd as all bsd without
partitions. Is this normally possible? have tried various geometry
settings and looked at pfdisk readouts. Documentation for setting
geometry from pfdisk is rather sparse, in particular no indication as to
what what be the most successful route to pursue. Notes as to what
physical is and should be??? Some sort of user friendly utility for
determining correct drive setup prior  to install would go a long way
toward making this operating system easy to install.

Thanks

Paul