Date:      Wed, 31 Jan 2001 16:55:05 -0200
From:      Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny@jonny.eng.br>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@aciri.org>
Cc:        Yusuf Goolamabbas <yusufg@outblaze.com>, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bridging and dummynet seems to destroy dmesg output

Hi Luigi,

  I'm seeing the same problem here, and I do not use bridging.  I have
DUMMYNET and IPFIREWALL configured.  I can send the kernel and firewall config
files if you need.  BTW: this did not happen with 4.2-RELEASE.

  For more info, see the message I've posted to freebsd-stable list.

Luigi Rizzo wrote:

> are you sure you made a proper upgrade of header files and binaries ?
> i have not seen the problem locally, and i have been running a
> shaping bridge with the new code for most of the week.
>
>         cheers
>         luigi
>
> > Hi, I cvsup'ed my traffic shaper box today (RELENG_4) [incorporating
> > Luigi's latest fixes]. So far, I have not been experiencing any stalls.
> > However, the output of dmesg seems to be corrupted. I see only 1 line
> > everytime I invoke it
> >
> > %dmesg
> > >ipfw: 400 Pipe 1 TCP a.b.c.d:port e.f.g.h:port in via <interface>
> > %dmesg
> > a.b.c.d:port e.f.g.h:port in via <interface>
> >
> > /var/log/messages also seems to have various log messages from ipfw in a
> > segmented manner. Is anybody else seeing this ?

  Yes!  Me!!!  I'm not alone, then!

> > Regards, Yusuf
> > --
> > Yusuf Goolamabbas