Date:      Thu, 25 Mar 1999 15:39:33 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jesse <j@lumiere.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.1-STABLE dies on 40+ connects (resolved)

Thanks to the folsk in freebsd-hackers and -net, I was able to solve this
fairly quickly.

icecast was enlarging the send buffer. This would cause the mbuf usage to
grow exponentially and crash the machine (it really shouldn't crash..
grr). I contacted the developers and it was an easy modification (#undef
SOCKET_OPERATIONS) to leave the send buffers at the default 16k.
Everything is kosher now and I can accept 121+ connections easily.

Oh yeah. Raising NMBCLUSTERS to 4096 helped a lot.

---
Jesse <j@lumiere.net>
http://www.lumiere.net/