Date:      Sun, 20 Apr 1997 10:28:33 -0500
From:      Richard Wackerbarth <rkw@dataplex.net>
To:        Masaya Kinoshita <mkino@po.iijnet.or.jp>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is there a perceived need for a 2.1.8 release?

At 9:25 AM -0500 4/20/97, Masaya Kinoshita wrote:
>Hello !
>
>I can't speak ( and write ) English. Sorry!

Well, your ability with English is certainly better than my
ability with your language.

>I like 2.1-stable branch.
>
>It thinks that I want 2.1.8 as one complete type of FreeBSD.
>
>It thinks that it surely becomes the base of my work for any year from
>now. Therefore, it is Freeze on the media, the CD-ROM, if made It thinks
>that it wants to place at hand in the done form.
>
>I therefore already It ordered 2.1.x(Subscription).
>
>We were discourteously.
I assume that you mean "discouraged". Ordering a Subscription would not
make any sense to the publisher when they have long been told that 2.1.5,
(and 2.1.6, 2.1.7, etc.) were each the last of the 2.1 series.

I do hope that you have a CD of at least one of the 2.1 series.

What would you think of the idea of future 2.1 series available on CD
only in source form? We might be able to get those changes included as an
archive on the 2.2 CD's.