Date:      Thu, 14 Jan 1999 20:15:38 +0200 (SAST)
From:      Khetan Gajjar <khetan@chain.freebsd.os.org.za>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Diagnostic VESA message ?

Hi.

I rebuilt world from the latest cvsupped sources two days ago.
I now see
VESA: set_mode(): 24(18) -> 24(18)
appear on the screen every 10-15 minutes. The machine normally
just sits idle, with only the console in use. There is no X
or any other video mode besides for 80x25.

Is this related to the new syscons changes ?

Here are relevant entries from my kernel definition file :

options		UCONSOLE		#Allow users to grab the console
options		VESA
controller	fdc0	at isa? port "IO_FD1" bio irq 6 drq 2 vector fdintr
disk		fd0	at fdc0 drive 0
options		XSERVER			# support for X server
controller      atkbdc0 at isa? port IO_KBD tty
device          atkbd0  at isa? tty irq 1
device          psm0    at isa? tty irq 12
device          vga0    at isa? port ? conflicts
device          sc0     at isa? tty
options		SYSVSHM
options		SYSVSEM
options		SYSVMSG
pseudo-device   splash
---
Khetan Gajjar       (!kg1779) * khetan@iafrica.com ; khetan@os.org.za
http://www.os.org.za/~khetan  * Talk/Finger khetan@chain.freebsd.os.org.za
FreeBSD enthusiast            * http://www2.za.freebsd.org/
Security-wise, NT is a OS with a "kick me" sign taped to it