Date:      Wed, 13 Dec 2000 18:17:01 -0700
From:      "Duke Normandin" <01031149@3web.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Which site still has 3.3R?

On 12 Dec 00 at 16:32, Philip Hallstrom wrote:

>I think the way to do it is to upgrade your ports system (see the ports
>page... it's like 3.3-ports-package.tgz or something).
>
>then use cvs to get all the new port shells and then fetch samba.
>
>-philip

Thanks guys! I don't rightly know if I -can- do what you suggest, as I
originally did a minimal install ( DLed everything but X stuff and
packages and some other non-essential stuff ). What do I need in my
installation to pull off the cvs etc.? I know that I have gcc et al .

-duke
Calgary,Alberta, Canada